6 people are interested
Volunteer Recruitment Team
6 people are interested
The Volunteer Services Team is currently looking for volunteers to assist with volunteer recruitment statewide. As The Trustees continues to grow, so does the need for a diverse and dedicated team of volunteers. The Recruitment Team will research a diverse community-based pool of volunteers and act as ambassadors for The Trustees reaching out to these volunteers. Learn more about this role on our website: https://volunteer.thetrustees.org/opportunity/a0C3b00000gBPR5EAO?layoutViewMode=tablet
This opportunity is for individuals who enjoy meeting new people and building relationships, care about diversity and inclusion, and like working both in a team and independently. You will be joining a highly motivated team that is passionate about volunteering. This is a remote role, and we welcome people from all over MA to join the team!
Additional notes: We are looking for a few additional team members to join the Volunteer Team. We are currently structured where one Volunteer Associate manages a portfolio of properties within a specific region. Our goal is to find a few more volunteers to cover these three regions: Charles River Valley, the Berkshires, and Central MA/Pioneer Valley.
Reports to: Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Research new platforms, community groups, and other opportunities for recruitment
- Work with a portfolio of Trustees properties - including the development of new partnerships, and cultivation of existing ones
- Collaborate with team members to assist in developing a responsive, inclusive volunteer recruitment strategy
- Develop email and promotional materials
- Attend weekly team meetings and meetings with property coordinators as needed
- Communicate effectively with staff, other volunteers, and community members
- Utilize tracking systems including Trello and Microsoft Suite
- Record volunteer hours weekly including tasks completed and metrics that align directly with the Volunteer Services team
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, friendly, welcoming and enjoy working with people
- Comfortable with "cold calling" and outreach to foster new partnerships
- Interest in building strategy and talent pipeline from the ground up
- Experience with recruitment, community outreach, or sales preferred, but not required
- Have reliable internet, phone, and personal laptop
We’re flexible! We’ll work with you to create a mutually beneficial schedule. Minimum 3-month commitment preferred.
About The Trustees of Reservations
200 High Street, Boston, MA 02110, US
The Trustees of Reservations preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts.
Who We Are
We are more than 100,000 people like you who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting them, for everyone, forever.
Together with our neighbors, we protect the distinct character of our communities and inspire a commitment to our special places. Our passion is to share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures we care for.
What We Do
We enjoy and care for more than 100 special places - nearly 25,000 acres - all around Massachusetts. And we are actively building an extended family of friends and neighbors across the state that can help in their different ways.
What We Are Up Against
Through more than 100 years of hard work and high standards, The Trustees have built a sterling reputation and a stunning physical legacy.
Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. We need to tap the wellspring of people’s joy - in their communities, their heritage, and the natural world - and mobilize a whole new generation to care.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 11, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- We’re flexible! We’ll work with you to create a mutually beneficial schedule. Minimum 3-month commitment preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills Organized, friendly, and welcoming Enjoy working with people Experience with recruitment, community outreach, or sales preferred but not required Have reliable internet, phone, and personal laptop