We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Special Olympics Montana has 65 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
5 people are interested
Join Special Olympics Bozeman today! A Local Team would love your help.
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Sport is a powerful force. It can shift the focus from disability to ability, from isolation to involvement. You can help change lives through sports. Become a Local Program Coordinator (LPC) today! What is a LPC?!
Read on for more information.
Background information: The Outreach Bobcats are actively searching for a new LPC. The Outreach Bobcats are an adult-based Special Olympics community team in the Bozeman area.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Local Program Coordinator (LPC) is responsible for the overall management of their designated Special Olympics team. The LPC ensures that volunteers and athletes are prepared to participate in year-round local and state competitions and events. Depending on the size of the team, an LPC can manage a team alone or with the help of an Assistant LPC to provide general oversight for all team operations.
- General Team Oversight: Create and maintain a healthy environment for athletes in which they can develop new skills, train for competition, be part of a community, and participate in leadership opportunities.
- Athlete Management & Recruitment: Work to recruit new athletes and retain participation of current team members.
- Volunteer & Coach Management & Recruitment: Work to recruit new volunteers and retain current volunteers and coaches. Provide ongoing training resources and support to coaches.
- Competition Registration: Ensure that all athletes are registered to participate in state and local competitions.
- Communication: Oversee all communication with athletes, families, volunteers, care providers and the general public regarding team activities.
All new volunteers are provided with training and support to ensure they enter the position with as much help as possible.
Join us by contacting Outreach Director, Sherry Rudolph, firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.868.9368.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Big Sky Area Special OlympicsBozeman, MT 59715
January 11, 2022
- Sports Coaching
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- It is flexible and is dependent upon the season.
- Class A Volunteer Application, Background Check.