7 people are interested
Partnership Outreach Team Member
7 people are interested
If you enjoy networking and building relationships and have a desire to help underserved children gain access to education, this is the volunteer role for you! Oppia is looking for passionate individuals to join our Partnerships Team and help forge partnerships with other organizations.
Who Are We?
The Oppia Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission to provide high-quality education to all. We do this through the creation and maintenance of our platform, Oppia ( http://www.oppia.org), the coordination of our passionate contributors, and the development of critical partnerships with NGOs in the communities we aim to serve.
Where You Fit In
Millions of children are not receiving the education they deserve. Of the 61 million children worldwide who cannot attend primary school, 17 million will never step foot into a school if trends continue. Even children that are able to attend school may not be getting a quality education due to a lack of resources that schools face, which have only gotten worse due to COVID-19. It is important for us to come together to get Oppia’s lessons into the hands of children who need them the most.
Our Partnerships Team establishes partnerships in our target markets of Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. The goal of our team is to have partners actively utilizing the lessons with students in their area. With the recent release of our Classroom page, which consists of a set of basic math courses, and the upcoming Andriod app release, it is important that we reach more organizations and introduce them to Oppia. To accomplish this, we are in the process of expanding our team.
We are currently seeking individuals who are passionate about helping underserved children and have an interest in building relationships with organizations that will help further our mission. This role will include conducting outreach to potential partners, researching regions within our target markets, utilizing our Partnership Dashboard to view metrics for our target regions and make any adjustments to outreach strategy if needed, and most importantly supporting the needs of our partners. Everyone is welcome to join and be a part of the team, although having some knowledge and experience with one or more of the target markets would be highly beneficial.
Why Oppia is an Organization You Want to Work With
- Oppia has served students in many diverse regions.
- Oppia’s current library consists of more than 20,000 lessons.
- Oppia focuses on effectiveness. Our continuous improvement process involves rigorous user testing and RCTs to ensure we create high-quality educational materials catered to the needs of our most underserved global learners.
- Oppia consists of passionate volunteers from across the globe, so our meetings are held online at flexible times.
- Conduct research to identify potential partnership opportunities in the target regions.
- Establish and support partnerships with organizations that have similar goals to ensure that a successful partnership is forged, as well as address any challenges that may arise.
- Regularly communicate with the Partnerships Team Lead to provide updates and feedback on partners, as well as identify common challenges and ways to address these.
About OPPIA FOUNDATION INC
221 N RENGSTORFF AVE APT 5, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043, US
Oppia’s mission is to help anyone, anywhere learn anything they want to in an effective and enjoyable way.
The Oppia team works to create effective, enjoyable online lessons at scale that can reach millions of people. We want every individual, no matter what their personal circumstances, to have access to learning experiences that are not only pedagogically effective, but also fun and engaging.
Oppia’s unique technology simulates an interactive tutor, adapting each lesson to individual learners’ needs and providing specific, targeted feedback to help them improve. Furthermore, the lessons are openly licensed and the platform open source, which enables a diverse group of educators and technologists from around the world to regularly iterate on and improve them.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 23, 2021
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Market Research / Analysis
- Ongoing, a few hours a week.