Corporate Communications & PR Lead
The Next IT Girl
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Intern to support our team, assisting with multiple cross-departmental communication projects and performing some administrative functions. The role requires strong writing and communications skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at any given time, outstanding organizational and research skills, keen attention to detail, and a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will be eager to support a variety of communications projects including media and PR opportunities, researching and reporting, and writing and editing. You should expect to submit a portfolio of writing samples/relevant work if selected for an interview.
What you’ll do:
Additional responsibilities will include supporting internal and external communications projects, such as:
- Supporting the customer vetting process and outreach for PR opportunities
- Researching and submitting for awards and recognition
- Vetting speaking opportunities, coordinating conference talk requests, maintaining a database of talks and speakers
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Assisting with various media and PR opportunities (researching and reading, pitching media, preparing media background materials, PR launches)
- Organizing and managing content and resources needed by the team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous communications or PR experience preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interest in research and analysis
- Strong understanding of media landscape
- Self-starter with experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
About The Next IT Girl
3201 Downwood Cir NW, Atlanta, GA 30327, US
We help young women of color across the nation discover, pursue, and succeed in technology-related careers.
The Next IT Girl helps close the gender and racial gap by providing technical workshops, mentorship, and career readiness for young women of color ages 8-22 who are interested in pursuing a technology career. The Next IT Girl is a non profit organization mission to educate, mentor, and advance young women of color to pursue technology careers. We are bridging the gap of race and gender to increase the representation in the tech industry. We provide technical resources and programs to support technology exposure for underrepresented girls of color to learn technology.