Fundraising Guru / Lead Fundraiser
Brave & Beautiful Blood Cancer Foundation
Sign-up to Volunteer
Interested in being apart of our volunteer committee? We are always looking for amazing people such as yourself to be apart of our team. Our goal is to raise as much awareness to our local Nevadan community and it all starts with our volunteers!
What we are looking for:
- Impeccable integrity
- Good listener
- Ability to motivate
- Hard worker
- Concern for people
- High expectations
- Love the work
- High energy
As a charity fundraiser, you'll need to:
- motivate and facilitate supporters to maximize the funds they raise
- inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- organize traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and house-to-house collections of donated goods and money
- develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organizing events
- raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media
- develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales
- increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities
- develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development
- recruit, organize and manage volunteers to carry out various functions within the charity
- oversee corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers
- manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors
- make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the fundraising activities that are most appropriate and will have the highest chance of success.
You will need to show:
Our Favorite Fundraising Ideas
- commitment to your charity's cause
- the ability to build and maintain relationships
- creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- a proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- the ability to influence others using excellent communication skills
- the capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- the ability to meet financial targets
- good organisational and project management skills
- the ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors
- a willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Local Restaurant Partnership.
- Design Challenge.
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising.
- Coupon Books.
- Crowdfunding Campaign.
- Pledge Challenges.
- Supper Clubs and Bake Sales.
- Fundraising Letters.
If you know anyone who would also like to be a volunteer please share this with them. We look forward to speaking with you!! You can also sign-up directly on our volunteer page at: https://bbbcf.org/volunteer/
About Brave & Beautiful Blood Cancer Foundation
8456 Bandits Bluff Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89143, US
Our goal is to create personal relationships with patients and their families while establishing financial, emotional, nutritional, advocacy and awareness support, in the fight to end all blood cancers.
This journey of ours started in 2017 when the Founder of the Brave & Beautiful Blood Cancer Foundation, Hanna Olivas, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. Like many other cancer patients she was torn apart but in the deepest of Hanna’s depression grew a strength unlike any other. She began seeking out other opinions from doctors in Las Vegas but many had little to no experience with this rare cancer. She was forced to seek help from doctors at UCLA, Mayo Clinic in Arizona and then to the City of Hope in California.
After the frustration of having to be outsourced out of state, she realized what she had to do to make a change for other Nevadans. Throughout the years Hanna has searched for support groups, awareness of blood cancers, doctors who specialize in Multiple Myeloma but the more she searched the less she found. It was time for the Brave & Beautiful Blood Cancer Foundation to emerge.
We are looking to help 200 families for the first year in co-pay assistance, counseling & emotional support, and patient advocacy. We currently have 10 programs that we are working to fully fund and develop, all of which help blood cancer patients in the way they truly need it: Research, Patient Advocacy, Family Retreats, Transportation, Nutrition, Counseling & Emotional Support, Advocacy & Awareness, Co-Pay Assistance, Financial Assistance, and Childhood Initiative Act.