Non-profit volunteer opportunity -Head of Major Gifts
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Head of Major Gifts
Estimated Hours/Week: 15+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Joining Pandemic Professors is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to facilitating free online tutoring for students in low-income communities. Our organization first started after we saw the toll that of online learning was taking on students affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our goal is to bridge the education gap both during, and after COVID. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
- Report to the Director of Development
- Supervise a team of volunteers and interns
- Create and maintain strategic plans in establishing and maintaining relationships with major donors
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with the Donor Engagement and Corporate Partnerships teams to support prospect research
- Collaborate with the Development team to develop of a comprehensive corporate fundraising strategy and plan for key fundraising activities
- Strategize with the Director of Development to identify prospects and create cultivation and solicitation plans to secure funds
- Act as a representative of the organization and its interests in external forums and donor meetings
- 15+ hours a week
- Minimum 2 years of development experience, preferably with experience in managing major gifts
- An interest in working in nonprofits
- Ability in managing a team of volunteers and interns
- Proven ability to handle numerous projects at once
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Networking and public speaking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for education and equality
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work in a team environment
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.