AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work with the possibility for compensation as we grow. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for a volunteer Director of Marketing to oversee and organize our marketing and public relations departments. You will work closely with senior leadership to create marketing procedures, efficient readership tracking systems and a coherent, holistic plan for long-term branding growth.
If you can commit to 10-15 hours a week working remotely on your own schedule with our team, we'd like to hear from you.
Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2004 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout NYC, we communicate mostly through email. All volunteers are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and want to work with a company which works to positively impact society, this is the role for you.
Please send us a resume and a customized cover letter that shows that you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position.
- An MBA/MS in Marketing
- A solid grasp of and commitment to our mission
- Strong organization and communication skills
- The ability to delegate tasks and manage and motivate others
- The patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects and processes
- Formulate and track marketing and public relations objectives
- Build and grow a marketing/PR team
- Coordinate with senior leadership to create and improve internal processes and communications
- Brainstorm and implement effective systems and branding growth strategies
- Learn the nuts and bolts of being a marketing director
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
- Be part of an authentic enterprise and our 2020 relaunch
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you
- Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field