Class Advertising & Spanish-Speaking Community Engagement - Volunteer Leader
This volunteer leader role is perfect for those who are interested in virtual volunteer opportunities, but are still wanting to personally engage with their local community in the Tampa Bay area!
This volunteer leader will be working alongside our Education department to advertise a Baby Safety Training offered to Spanish-Speaking clients and families in the Tampa Bay area. This leader will serve 3 hours a week, for a 3 month period of time. Over this time they will be researching businesses, organizations, non-profits, and clubs that heavily engage with the Spanish-speaking community in Tampa. Through this research they will build relationships with these groups to advertise the Baby Safety Training course to any clients who may be interested in attending it. They will be emailing, calling, and posting on social media, community forums, and 3rd party sites as necessary to make sure the class is available to as many individuals as possible.
- Sharing information about the class to local nonprofits, club, organizations, and businesses that engage heavily with the Spanish-Speaking community of Tampa Bay
- Invites and engages local community about the class and increases demand and participation numbers through efforts
- Advertising course on social media, community forums, and sharing with contacts made via organizations and businesses that engage the local Spanish-Speaking community
- Sending and responding to emails and calls as necessary
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Local to Tampa Bay
- Knowledge and or engagement in local Spanish-Speaking community
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Access to a computer with internet access
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office program
About Metropolitan Ministries
120 E Ross Ave, Tampa, FL 33602, US
To care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in our community through services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity, and instill self-sufficiency...as an expression of the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ.
For over 40 years, Metropolitan Ministries has served poor and homeless men, women, and children in the Tampa Bay region. The Ministries has gone from a single room food pantry, to one of America's most effective and innovative caregivers. Serving 100-150 families daily through Outreach and Prevention Services, the Ministries remains committed to breaking the cycle of poverty...today, tomorrow and always. The facilities include Uplift U residential housing, a residence day care, an elementary school, adult training opportunities, a full-service kitchen that prepares 2,200 meals per day 7 days a week, and a thrift store to provide clothing for those in need and to the general public. Metropolitan Ministries also manages Compassion + Action, a collaborative that mobilizes partnerships across four counties to meet the growing need in local neighborhoods and transform the lives of families in crisis.