- Greet and welcome visitors upon their arrival to the Museum, provide visitor orientation about the Museum to enhance their experience and advise them on what the Museum has to offer. Ensure visitors comply with museum requirements regarding food, beverages and other specific items that may not be carried into the Museum galleries.
- Enhance all areas of visitor contact by offering friendly, informed service, both in-person and on the phone.
- Provide efficient customer service on-site, addressing any visitor needs and disseminate prepared materials/information as required. Resolve minor visitor issues and refer larger issues to museum staff for resolution
- Manage visitor flow by directing visitors inside and outside and to the proper access and egress of the museum.
- Assist with conducting education experiences that can include hands-on activities with families and children and special programming for adult audiences.
Volunteer schedules are flexible with opportunities to work regular business hours as well as early, late, and weekend hours and special events.
Volunteer will receive timely feedback and evaluation from the museum Volunteer Coordinator/Operations Manager to assess performance and and/or program needs.
Volunteer will gain valuable visitor service experience while working in a museum setting.
All volunteers will be required to attend the Volunteer Orientation provided by XXXXXXX upon appointment as a museum volunteer and will receive specified training based on duties/assignment as needed.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with visitors.
- Customer service oriented, positive, and able to portray a helpful attitude when interacting with visitors.
- Ability to maintain flexibility; work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Adept at handling visitors’ inquiries.
- Must be comfortable working with large crowds and able to interact with a high degree of professionalism at all levels with business partners and visitors.
Motor Vehicle Use:
Credential or License Required:
4554 Fayette Ave
Fort Knox, Kentucky 40121
09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
12:00 PM to 04:45 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PATTON MUSEUM FOUNDATION INC
PO BOX 25, FORT KNOX, KY 40121, US
To preserve General Patton’s legacy and example of leadership, while promoting other military leaders, for future generations of leaders through support, promotion, expansion, and modernization of the General George Patton Museum by cultivating a robust community of donors and sponsorships while maintaining lasting relationships with the military, veteran, and civilian communities for generations to come.
General Patton exemplified the uncompromising determination of a born leader. He was relentless in the pursuit of victory from his command of the 1 st Provisional Tank Brigade in World War I to his legendary career in the Mediterranean and European Theaters of World War II. Patton’s name was revered by his comrades and struck terror at the hearts of his enemies.
In our exhibit halls, not only will you discover stories from Patton’s prolific military career, but you’ll also find an exclusive collection of artifacts spanning all the way back to his childhood in California and his participation in the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our ROTC Hall, honoring students at the beginning of their military careers, and our 21 st Century exhibits, including an actual fire truck damaged at the Pentagon during the attacks on 9/11, showcase just some of the ways that Patton’s legacy of leadership continues to motivate and inspire Americans to this day.
Arts & Culture
Veterans & Military Families
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 2 shifts