TEDxSeattle Co-Head of Speaker Team
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle , where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. What started in 2010 as a single-day event called TEDxRainier with an audience of 600 people has evolved into TEDxSeattle with an audience that now fills McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium.
The TEDxSeattle organization and annual event is a 100% volunteer-run and self-supporting nonprofit and we are currently looking for a Co-Head of our Speaker team!
Why participate? Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven volunteer-run community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
- Oversee the entire journey of all TEDxSeattle speakers and entertainers. This includes, outbound speaker recruitment, inbound speaker applications, speaker selection/curation, speaker content coaching, and speaker delivery coaching.
- Work with the respective leads of the Speaker Recruitment team and Speaker Application team to ensure their teams are successful.
- Directly lead a team of 6-10 Professional Speaker coaches and ensure they and their speakers are enabled for success and meeting their milestones.
- Closely partner with your Speaker Team Co-Head and Speaker team Project Manager to ensure all deliverables are met on time.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (marketing, sponsorships, production, etc.) to ensure those teams have adequate information to do their jobs.
- Define and manage the overall work back calendar for the Speaker Team.
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years in a content writing, public speaking, or communications role
- 3+ years experience leading cross-functional team
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills required
Next step: Does this role resonate with you? If so, please apply with your resume.
No applicable, Seattle, WA 98109, US
About TEDx Seattle TEDxSeattle is one of the first TEDx events offered in the world, and is our region’s premier TED-style event as well as the largest in Washington State. Our premiere event is usually hosted at McCaw Hall, where we guide 2,800 people through a series of TED talks, audience activities, and lobby experiences over the course of a day. We also produce a series of smaller TEDx events around Seattle during the year.
TEDxSeattle is a volunteer-based organization that strives to spread ideas worth sharing. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSeattle event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.