Arizona Kosher Pantry
We have several opportunities to make a difference in our community during these challenging times. In our pantry we could use some helping hands to prepare bags of food for distribution, helping to stock shelves, checking expiration dates of products as well as freshness. We could also use someone to make deliveries of food to those in need. We have a homeless program every Wednesday. Assisting with preparing bags of food and/or distribution would be greatly appreciated.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arizona Kosher Pantry
7118 N 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85020, US
The Arizona Kosher Food Pantry is dedicated to serving all surrounding communities with the ever-increasing challenges of "food security regardless of religious orientation. The AKP is dedicated to providing specialty Kosher Items to the Jewish Community in a consolidated "pantry" format. The inherent mission is to help feed those in need of nutritional resources. Promote Health Equity: AKP has set a priority to address health equity and improve health inequalities through community engagement efforts a continuum of approaches designed to facilitate connections between state and national communities, which may be defined by geography, identity, or interests.
The goal of Ezra's Cholim and the AZ Kosher Pantry is to provide a continuum of services to alleviate the hardships of the sick, hungry, and impoverished community members. Some of our services include:
1. Advocacy for patients
2. Rehab support
3. Visiting/reaching out to the sick
4. Get well meals
5. Medical device closet and mobility services
6. Providing kosher food/meals for the needy, sick, shut in's, and hospital patients
7. Meal programs: Shabbat, Schools, Community meal for the needy and those affected by COVID-19
8. Homeless program
9. Meal delivery
10. Coordination of services to assist with transportation, accommodation, and kosher food for families who come to the area for surgery and medical needs.