Looking for someone to help ensure success with our tutors and their students!- Tutor PairingManager
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
Title: Tutor Pairing Manager
Estimated Hours/Week: at least 2-3 hours/week
Expected Commitment: at least 3 months
Main Goal: Ensure that tutor-student pairs are successfully holding sessions and use immediate action to address any issues that may come up.
- Report to the Head of Tutor Success
- Work across Tutor Success, Student Success, and scheduling teams to identify and address tutor-student pairing issues.
- Communicate with families/students and tutors to ensure a successful relationship.
- Maintain detailed data entry while also acting conscientiously. Follow data security protocols to protect and correctly relay this information to the research teams.
- Use problem-solving skills to resolve any issues involved with tutor-student pairings.
- Be mindful and considerate while working with families and tutors. Maintain excellent customer service when communicating with anyone. Decide when to retire pairs and re-pair the tutor or student, if necessary. Assist with tutor/students exit as well.
- Assist with other pairing projects as needed.
- This position will be split between 2 people who will work different days of the week and be responsible for pairings on those days, in order to minimize confusion and overlap.
Opportunities for Growth:
- Apply and develop the following skills:
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Organization and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service
- Increase your knowledge in the following areas:
- Nonprofit development and operations
- Serving economically disadvantaged students
- Career development for recent college students
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.