Canine Companions Social Media Volunteer
Canine Companions for Independence, Northwest Region
We are currently looking for a volunteer to join our Canine Companions East Bay Miracles chapter as a social media volunteer coordinator.
- Work with the Chapter Publicity Coordinator (Rachel Sheppard) to post on East Bay Miracles Facebook and Instagram at least 2-3 times per week.
- Post and schedule updates regarding fundraisers and events.
- Reach out to Puppy Raisers for quotes and photos of matriculating puppies.
- Coordinate with the Breeder Caretaker volunteers to announce new litters.
- Reach out to graduate teams to share their stories and photos on social media.
- Make use of "live" features on social platforms to share behind the scenes content at fundraising events.
- Share pertinent content from the Canine Companions HQ Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Update pages with seasonal campaign information (ex. Independence Day, Veteran’s Day)
- Follow & engage with Canine Companion pages across the nation, including other chapters, puppies, breeders, and graduates.
- Investigate new social media platforms (ex. Tik Tok) that can be used to further the mission of Canine Companions.
Skills & Requirements:
- You can dedicate 2-3 hours a week to creating content, sharing, posting, and engaging on social media.
- You actively use social media and enjoy engaging with other volunteers.
- You have used social media in a professional format and/or are available for training.
- You are a member of the Canine Companions volunteer network and have familiarized yourself with the brand and brand values.
- BONUS: Experience with Facebook’s Creator Studio, or other social media scheduling platforms is a plus.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Canine Companions for Independence, Northwest Region
2965 Dutton Avenue, P.O. Box 446, Santa Rosa, CA 95402, US
Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships
Canine Companions for Independence provides expertly-trained assistance dogs to children, adults and veterans with disabilities free of charge. Canine Companions assistance dogs perform physical tasks for people with disabilities, including picking up dropped items and delivering them to their handler, turning on and off lights, opening and closing doors and drawers, and other tasks to increase their handlers independence. Canine Companions also trains hearing dogs to alert people who are deaf or hard of hearing to important sounds in their environment. Canine Companions relies on the support of thousands of volunteers across the country.
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Canine Companions is the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs, and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and the quality and longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. The result is a life full of increased independence and loving companionship.