Virtual Assistant for Human Rights Campaign
We, The World
The Virtual Assistant for the Human Rights Campaign will:
- Assist the Human Rights Coordinator with administrative duties;
- Manage volunteers with the Campaign:
- Maintain records as provided by the Coordinator;
- Provide support for the Coordinator as needed;
- Recognize the needs of the volunteers in their work with oppressed communities;
- Be sensitive to younger members of the Team;
- Welcome the LGBTQ+ community;
- Welcome the BIPOC community;
- Welcome the disabled community;
- Have the ability to be empathic to all;
- Be willing to interact with the Coordinators of the 11 Themes of Global Unity;
- Be able to contribute an average of 5-8 hours per week, or more as needed for major annual events;
- Be able to attend Coordinator business meetings - 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month - if needed;
- Be willing to work with WE’s general Volunteer Coordinator, as needed;
- Be available to assist WE’s general Volunteer Coordinator with monthly Volunteer gatherings for networking and meeting each other.
- Be able to assist Coordinator with support meetings for volunteers as needed.
About We, The World
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 710, New York, NY 10017, US
The WE Campaign of We, The World unites and amplifies the efforts of people, organizations and global movements working for the common good Join visionary leaders and endorsers of WE: Desmond Tutu, Jane Goodall, Deepak Chopra, Immaculee Ilibagiza, Robert Thurman, Riane Eisler, Bill McKibben and many others.
WEis a Consciousness, a Campaign, and a Collaboration of people, organizations and social change movements from around the world. We, The World has developed the Strategic Alliances and has the team to achieve that level of global collaboration and effectiveness. In 2004, We, The World launched 11 Days of Global Unity which now annually has more than 700 associated events in over 60 countries. WE Campaign is based on the successful model of 11 Days of Global Unity Campaign.
Imagine 4 times a year, groups like MoveOn, Greenpeace and Amnesty International coordinating their action campaigns with hundreds of other global organizations, thousands of smaller groups and millions of people around the world, shifting societal consciousness and creating political will.