Mobile Application Designer - iOS and/or Android
BRIGHT MIND ENRICHMENT AND SCHOOLING
Bright Mind Enrichment (BME) is a community wellness organization dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We recently launched a community wellness initiative: Street Care, focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. We have also developed an app road-mapped to provide volunteers with background context, how-to videos and interactive functionality to deepen our volunteers’ efforts. Aligned to the multi-phased roadmap,
BME seeks functional app support to continue UI/UX app design of new mobile features.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and/or user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to developers
- Adhere to existing style standards for typography and graphic design
- Follow existing standards to allow designs to be developed for both iOS and Android
- Understand to the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Design for Android Guidelines
- Preferred familiarity with Figma
- Flexible for skilled designers. (Typically designers provide 5+ hours of design per week for ~4 months per phase)
- 1 hour recurring weekly meeting
You will work closely with BME’s leadership and team and have full support from our diverse teams spanning different industries, including non-profit work and various types of technological experience and expertise.
Community Service Verification Letter for hours volunteered available upon request.
Our diverse team includes: #Consultants, #Volunteers,#Retirees, and #Internships, #Returnship Volunteers, #VisaCandidates (including OPT), #ExternshipsCurrent Application for reference
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.bmeapplication1 Current and Future scope of work for mobile (~4 months per phase)
- Phase 1 - Completed
- Phase 2 - 1 provide volunteers with ability to track volunteer hours; 2 support bi-lingual support between English and Spanish
- Phase 3 - interactive tool with geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 4 - 1 interactive tool with additional geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 5 - UI/UX improvements on existing volunteer survey
- Phase 6 - 1UI/UX improvements for volunteers on multi log-in options; 2 enhancement of interactive features to aid volunteers and homeless people
[specifics will be shared upon joining project]
About BRIGHT MIND ENRICHMENT AND SCHOOLING
58 FAIR OAKS ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110, US
Helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally
Bright Mind is a community wellness education organization.
Bright Mind recently launched Street Care, a massive initiative built by our homelessness and wellness experts, 'your toolkit to help homeless people.' We have an app, an expanding series of informational materials and instructional videos (25+ already), and more (at streetcare.us). We are pioneering an online and on-the-streets outreach approach, accessible to everyone.
For all of Bright Mind's work, well-being, tenacity, curiosity, and creativity are the heart of the approach, to help individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We are passionate about building community. This is a crucial time to create positive change, and we look forward to working together as we accomplish great things together!