3 people are interested
IF You Knew Then WHAT You Know Now...
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Central Jersey
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
SCORE volunteer mentor-Central New Jersey Chapter (Chapter 14) serving Somerset, Hunterdon, and Middlesex counties.
SCORE is a resource partner of the government agency the Small Business Administration. (SBA)
For over 50 years, SCORE has served as America’s premier source of free business mentoring and education.
SCORE’s mission is to foster vibrant small business communities.
Central New Jersey Chapter:
The Central New Jersey Chapter (Chapter 14) serves Hunterdon county, Somerset county, and Middlesex county. There are 13 mentoring locations spread across this geography
The chapter currently has 33 active members and several provisional members.
- To attend the general meetings, which are held the second Tuesday of the month (except February and August) from 10 AM to 12 Noon. (We are currently meeting through Zoom.) The in-person meetings are held at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ.
- To complete the SCORE new member training and the on-boarding process in a timely manner. (Approximately 2 months)
- To have the flexibility of time (10 hours of mentoring a month) and the ability to travel to one of our 13 mentoring locations. (We are currently mentoring through Zoom.)
- To participate in one of the chapter’s committees. (Marketing, Technology, Membership, Administration.)
- To participate in some of our educational outreach programs i.e. seminars and webinars. (We are currently exclusively using webinars.)
** Please note: The time commitment for a SCORE volunteer includes attending the general meeting; mentoring clients; participating on a committee; participating in a webinar or seminar; participating in other assignments or activities that need volunteers is approximately 12 to 16 hours a month.
- To adhere to the principles of SCORE’s Code of Ethics. A SCORE volunteer absolutely cannot solicit business from a SCORE client.
- To establish credibility with the client. (Listen, modifies opinions, brings to the client fresh ideas, creates an on-going mentoring relationship.)
A seasoned executive, either retired or still working, that has general business expertise.
Should reside or work in one of the counties in the chapter’s territory.
Enthusiastic. Genuinely interested in using expertise to help others resolve their issues
WHY VOLUNTEER FOR SCORE?
A profound sense of accomplishment in mentoring a client towards a successful outcome.
The collegiality of engaging with other SCORE mentors.
Continuous learning. You learn from your clients and you learn from your colleagues.
Training will be provided on being a SCORE Mentor
About SCORE Central Jersey
P.O. Box 5333, Somerville, NJ 08876, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 29, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Must be at least 45
- 10 hours per month minimum
- Should be a resident of Somerset, Hunterdon, or Middlesex counties.