Disaster Mass Care Shelter Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are seeking local heroes to join our Disaster Relief Volunteer team as Mass Care Sheltering Service Associate or Supervisor. In this role, you will serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. They ensure safe sheltering at a single shelter throughout the cycle of the disaster.
- Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration,feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
- Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
You can also apply directly to the link below
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Geneva, IL 60134
September 29, 2022
- Crisis Intervention
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer appointments are typically 3, 6, 12 months. Volunteer hours usually range between 2-4 hours per week.