Disaster Action Team Duty Officer
Disaster Action Team Duty Officer ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the Disaster Action Team program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via disaster action team.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the disaster action team response.
- Works with on-scene disaster action team leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and train new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch disaster action team members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events when applicable.
- Where appropriate, maintains access to and ability to use the Client Assistance System (CAS) to enter case data and load CACs.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple disaster action team responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/disaster action team meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
Minimum of 12 hours, which equals 3 4-hour shifts per month.
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Illinois Region, Illinois Region, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Naperville, IL 60564
October 1, 2021
- Mental Health
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Minimum of 12 hours a month