88 people are interested
Social Media Specialist
ORGANIZATION: InsightHeart Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
88 people are interested
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community?
We're looking for a social media manager to manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and promoters of our foundation.
InsightHeart Foundation is a newly non profit organization, founded in 2020 and has representatives in following cities: Toronto, Scarborough, Sudbury, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Saskatchewan, still looking for way to reach more community we focus on the below three product
- Helping kids/families in the low-income community with school backpacks.
- Provide clothing to the homeless such as jackets, socks, Mitten boots, water bottles etc during summer and winter season.
- Provide free transportation for seniors/ Cancer Patient medical appointments and grocery shopping
Our team is working from home/remotely due to COVID-19. Our work culture is dynamic, fun, and high-paced.
We are expanding and looking for an eager individual to help create and manage our social media platforms.
This is a volunteer opportunity.
Social Media & Community Volunteer description
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our InsightHeart Foundation team and boost our online presence, and manage our social media platforms. This role is an unpaid volunteer position, for 10 hours per week, for 3-6 months. During this volunteer position you will gain experience in managing social media content for our organization, and receive a reference that reflects your work ethic.
Social Media & Community Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Create a social media schedule, with dates/times and frequency of online engagement.
- Manage and maintain IF’s social channels and be responsible for creating content.
- Manage content and be able to write in the tone of voice to attract sponsors, grantors, partners and the communities we services and other non-for-profit organizations.
- Moderate follower comments and respond promptly
- Organically grow a social following with strategic engagement and networking.
- Work alongside the Board of Directors to generate new ideas for our players and fans to drive communications.
- Develop hashtag strategies to improve reach consistently.
- Monthly reporting on social media engagements.
- Continuous monitoring of data and use those metrics to optimize posts.
- Keep on top of program trends and be able to recommend and implement new tools to serve our clients.
- Ability to commit to 10 hours of volunteering per week.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related programs or equivalent in professional experience in social media and community management.
- Understanding of and experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge and understanding of Non-profit organisation.
- Ensure the team of editors has the needed information for their daily job.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, good problem-solving skills.
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Setup daily tasks and activities for all social media team.
- Deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each account.
- Creative thinking and attention to detail.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a high paced environment.
- A proactive, resourceful and solution-oriented 'can-do’ attitude
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential.
- Bonus skills: Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Blogging, WordPress.
Please Apply By Providing: to email- Global-HR@insightheartfoundation.com
- A brief cover letter stating why you want and would be a great fit for this position.
- Social Media Portfolio showcasing social media feeds, blogs, and or a portfolio of written materials.
About InsightHeart Foundation
7 Ignatius Lane, Toronto, Ontario M1E0A2, CA
InsightHeart Foundation is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing essentials to vulnerable adults and children within low-income communities.
We look to ease the suffering of those experiencing homelessness by distributing warm clothes and care items; ultimately we hope to help close the poverty gap.
We look to create an 'even playing field’ for school students across Canada by distributing school supplies and everyday essentials to at-risk children and families.
And another even playing field: that all cancer patients and elderly people on low incomes can access the medical treatment they need, by enabling them to reach their appointments.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 6 Months commitment and 10hours/week