1 person is interested
Veteran to Veteran Hospice Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: ProMedica Hospice of Northwestern Pennsylvania
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Every day, ProMedica Hospice has the honor of caring for Veterans. We are dedicated to serving those who have served our country by providing care wherever the patient considers home.
We make it a point to recognize the distinctive needs of Veterans. Whether or not their health care needs are directly related to their service, we know that they have a unique life story. We are here to listen with compassion and find ways to serve Veterans by continually educating our staff about ways to better meet our Veterans’ needs, as well as by partnering with community resources. We are proud to honor these heroes by providing them with the dignity that they so richly deserve.
Our hospice services provides:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Spiritual Care Coordinators
- Bereavement Counselors
- Social Workers
- Hospice Aides
Volunteers who have served tend to make a bigger impact on our Veterans.
About ProMedica Hospice of Northwestern Pennsylvania
3871 E State St, Hermitage, PA 16137, US
We believe wholeheartedly in the power of the individual, the importance of relationships and the value of respect and dignity to everyone at every stage of life. Our goal is to create a positive difference every day, to make a personal connection and to create memorable moments that will enrich your life.
ProMedica Hospice volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform.THE TASKS OF VOLUNTEERS MAY INCLUDE:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
* We suggest volunteers wait a minimum of one year following the death of a loved one to volunteer. This allows adequate time to make appropriate adjustments after a significant personal loss.
Erie County & Surrounding AreaErie, PA 16505
November 22, 2022
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We request our volunteers to commit to at least 2 visits a month.
- We require an application, background check, references, interview, two-step TB test, and training.