Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
Every day, Heartland Hospice has the honor of caring for Veterans. We are dedicated to serving those who have served our country by providing care wherever the patient considers home.
We make it a point to recognize the distinctive needs of Veterans. Whether or not their health care needs are directly related to their service, we know that they have a unique life story. We are here to listen with compassion and find ways to serve Veterans by continually educating our staff about ways to better meet our Veterans’ needs, as well as by partnering with community resources. We are proud to honor these heroes by providing them with the dignity that they so richly deserve.
Our hospice services provides:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Spiritual Care Coordinators
- Bereavement Counselors
- Social Workers
- Hospice Aides
Volunteers who have served tend to make a bigger impact on our Veterans.
About Heartland Hospice of Northwestern Pennsylvania
3871 E State St, Hermitage, PA 16137, US
We believe that our mission is to enrich lives by providing high quality services and products. That begins with every life we encounter: our employees, our patients and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
Heartland volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform.THE TASKS OF VOLUNTEERS MAY INCLUDE:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
* We suggest volunteers wait a minimum of one year following the death of a loved one to volunteer. This allows adequate time to make appropriate adjustments after a significant personal loss.
Mercer County & Surrounding AreaHermitage, PA 16148
September 28, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers to commit to at least 2 times a month.
- We require an application, background check, interview, two step TB test, and Hospice training.