IT Specialist - Volunteer
ICDR INC. (International Commission for Dalit Rights, Inc.)
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The IT Specialist will ensure strong IT infrastructure and network for secure operations at ICDR International. The position will provide technical solutions to support the organization's growing IT needs.
- Provide assistance in maintaining and improving IT Technology for the organisation with various monthly and ad-hoc tasks.
- Core IT support as and when required.
- Advice team members on technical solutions and resolve technical issues.
- Facilitate and administer IT infrastructure and operations, security, information management, etc.
- Lead the development and implementation of IT services supporting the organization's strategy.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, technology standards and government processes.
- Complete other assigned duties as requested.
- Resolves mostly routine and some non-routine technical issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
About ICDR INC. (International Commission for Dalit Rights, Inc.)
1751 Pinnacle Dr., Suite 600, Tysons, VA 22102, US
ICDR defends and promotes the dignity and rights of underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people worldwide. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that the "the recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights" of all people is "the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world." We provide public services for underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people both in the U.S. and internationally. It provides public interest legal and policy services for people fighting caste and descent-based discrimination, exclusion and injustice as well as promoting dignity, equality and rights of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people worldwide through campaigning, networking, collaborating, and promoting dialogues between policy-makers, civil societies and diverse communities.
We advocate for the dignity and respect of all immigrants, other diverse minorities and low-income communities regardless of their race, caste, religion, or country of origin. ICDR collaborates, networks, and provides technical support for its associates, civil society, government agencies, and the communities as they strive to promote equal opportunities, social inclusion, rule of law, public litigation, and empowerment of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people, which too often faces disproportionate challenges and obstacles to live a dignified life. We investigate, expose discrimination, educate and mobilize the public, provide community services, and campaign to leverage for changes in policy and transform societies.