Grant Writing/Research Volunteer
ICDR INC. (International Commission for Dalit Rights, Inc.)
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
ICDR International is seeking 'Grant Writing Experts’ to join our team to apply, administer and handle grant applications and fund raising efforts from various individual donors, government, and non-government institutions.
- Research and analyse grant/fundraising opportunities.
- Drafting proposals,letters of inquiry, briefs, reports, grant budgets and other documents as required.
- Application and administration of grants on a regular basis.
- Timely submission of proposals to foundations/agencies/institutions as needed.
- Track and maintain records of existing grants, submissions and new grant opportunities.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the grant submission process is an advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret funding opportunity announcements.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Interest in creative writing and research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Organisation and time management skills
About ICDR INC. (International Commission for Dalit Rights, Inc.)
1751 Pinnacle Dr., Suite 600, Tysons, VA 22102, US
ICDR defends and promotes the dignity and rights of underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people worldwide. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that the "the recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights" of all people is "the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world." We provide public services for underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people both in the U.S. and internationally. It provides public interest legal and policy services for people fighting caste and descent-based discrimination, exclusion and injustice as well as promoting dignity, equality and rights of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people worldwide through campaigning, networking, collaborating, and promoting dialogues between policy-makers, civil societies and diverse communities.
We advocate for the dignity and respect of all immigrants, other diverse minorities and low-income communities regardless of their race, caste, religion, or country of origin. ICDR collaborates, networks, and provides technical support for its associates, civil society, government agencies, and the communities as they strive to promote equal opportunities, social inclusion, rule of law, public litigation, and empowerment of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people, which too often faces disproportionate challenges and obstacles to live a dignified life. We investigate, expose discrimination, educate and mobilize the public, provide community services, and campaign to leverage for changes in policy and transform societies.