30 people are interested
Legal Associate -Center for Community and Immigration Services
ORGANIZATION: ICDR International
Please visit the new page to apply.
30 people are interested
ICDR International is seeking 'Legal Associate -Center for Community and Immigration Services’ volunteers to join its team to drive our Community and Immigration Service Program providing affordable Community and immigration services and civil rights-related advocacy, education and public services to diverse immigrant and low-income communities in the USA. Furthermore, this position will help protect and promote civil and human rights for minority communities through counselling, research, communication and related administration.
The position is also responsible for:
- Support for the implementation of CCIS-related activities, including case management, provie paralegal services for clients
- Gather case information on caste-based housing and employment discrimination
- Compiling and reviewing various immigration data and statuses.
- Provide legal advice and assist in completing immigration paperwork as required.
- Act as a liaison and referral agent between immigrants and various other institutions to help with cases.
- Conduct legal research as related to immigration and civil rights of individuals.
- Coordinate with experts/public and private firms and agencies.
- Education and/or awareness building, NOT as legal and/or specific professional counseling.
- Advocate for civil rights and justice for all.
- Counsel clients about their legal options and provide advice on different legal issues.
- Actively involved in preparing and drafting of legal submissions
- Law students with International human rights law and/or civil rights litigation knowledge are a plus.
- Knowledgeable about national and international migration laws and relevant issues.
- Specializes in understanding and interpreting laws and other legal matters.
More opportunities with ICDR International
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ICDR International
3615 Chain Bridge Road, Unit C, Fairfax, VA 22030, US
ICDR defends and promotes the dignity and rights of underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people worldwide. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that the "the recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights" of all people is "the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world." We provide public services for underprivileged, marginalized and Dalit people both in the U.S. and internationally. It provides public interest legal and policy services for people fighting caste and descent-based discrimination, exclusion and injustice as well as promoting dignity, equality and rights of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people worldwide through campaigning, networking, collaborating, and promoting dialogues between policy-makers, civil societies and diverse communities.
We advocate for the dignity and respect of all immigrants, other diverse minorities and low-income communities regardless of their race, caste, religion, or country of origin. ICDR collaborates, networks, and provides technical support for its associates, civil society, government agencies, and the communities as they strive to promote equal opportunities, social inclusion, rule of law, public litigation, and empowerment of Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged people, which too often faces disproportionate challenges and obstacles to live a dignified life. We investigate, expose discrimination, educate and mobilize the public, provide community services, and campaign to leverage for changes in policy and transform societies.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 14, 2023
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Upto 10 hours a week