54 people are interested
54 people are interested
Skilled in a favorite school subject? Have extra time on your hands? Then apply as a tutor volunteer for Project Healthy Minds! With virtual classrooms having rough impacts on many students across the nation, youth are struggling to keep up with heavy course loads and advance in their academics. Creating Healthy Scholars focuses in particular on students at underrepresented communities and schools who may not have access to private tutoring or extra support from their teachers.
As a tutor, you will provide assistance with homework problems, test readiness, and more in any subject you’re proficient in, corresponding with the needs of high school students. You will have the flexibility to work out a convenient schedule that fits both you and your mentee. Tutoring will take place on Zoom, Google Meet, or any other web chat platform decided between you and your student.
This position is especially great for aspiring teachers; not only is it a great resume-booster, but you will get true hands-on experience from a tutor standpoint and foster your teaching and communication skills! It is also great for anyone who enjoys working with teens, is passionate about education, or simply hopes to make a difference.
For more information, please contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply today to create a healthy scholar!
- Provide one-on-one academic support to high school students
- Meet at least once a week (unless another schedule is negotiated between tutor and student)
- Be able to effectively guide student through homework problems and any questions
- Have proficiency in at least one of the following subjects: math, science, english/language arts, history, world language, or ethnic studies (specific courses based on student’s grade/academic schedule)
- Received at least a high school diploma/GED (high school tutors sometimes selected, please reach out for more info)
- Must have stable WiFi/Internet connection
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
About Project Healthy Minds Inc
1735 N 1ST ST STE 302, SAN JOSE, CA 95112, US
Our mission is to help young adults overcome their daily struggles and ongoing tough times. We aim to create a support system, in partnership with members of our community, to steer young adults away from crises and prevent them from taking the first wrong-step.
Citing the high risk of youth drug addiction and its widespread adverse impact, we at Project Healthy Minds seek to assist young adults through their challenging times. We provide information about the biological, psychological, and social causes that can often lead to addiction. We also describe the signs and symptoms that may help victims and/or their friends and family identify drug abuse. Furthermore, we elaborate on the various treatment modalities and resources available for getting the requisite help. We seek to build a community of like-minded youth undergoing similar problems and give them a platform to seek assistance from both peers as well as experts. In addition, we provide articles and videos that are easy to understand, interesting, and comprehensive. Our aim is to help the youth reach the recovery stage.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 26, 2021
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check