Social Media and Communications
NOURISHING SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
Job Overview: Nourishing Schools Foundation is on a mission to enable young changemakers to take charge of their own nutrition and profess the same knowledge within their communities. The intern will support in the development of communications and multimedia materials that are consistently engaging and propel interest and action. The ideal candidate is a digital media enthusiast with exceptional writing and design skills and demonstrated curiosity and background in impact communications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop high-impact social media content including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively informs and engages external audiences
- Devise collection and analysis of social media metrics to gauge reach, engagement and other performance measures for social media posts, accounts, and campaigns, helping to inform results-based decision making and drive the effective use of resources.
- Design and prepare content/copy for reports, presentations, blog articles and other internal and external communications materials
- Support the development and implementation of larger communication strategies and efforts
- Support the development of web sites, including layout, content, look, and feel.
Required skills/Personal skills:
- Experience in producing, editing, and disseminating multimedia content for online audiences.
- Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems and social media authoring tools like Hootsuite.
- Experience in producing and interpreting web or social media analytics (ex: Google Analytics) to inform strategies and work plans.
- Sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published, and shared on websites, on social media and for partner organizations.
- Excellent command of English and highly developed writing and editing skills.
- Necessary computer skills (MS Office essential; knowledge of design softwares like Canva, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Premiere Pro would be great). Familiarity with Slack and Trello is an asset.
Skills gained by the end of internship:
- Experience in development and impact communication
- Creating informational content for positive social change
- Creative visualization of data
- Autonomy to plan and execute strategies
- Effective time-management
About NOURISHING SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
3131 GUYSBOROUGH DR, FAIRFAX, VA 22031, US
Nourishing Schools Foundation is on a mission to enable young changemakers to take charge of their own nutrition and profess the same knowledge within their communities.
The programme aims to develop young change makers aged between 9-14 years who can take charge of improving their own and their communities' nutrition. We provide toolkits to schools with games and activities for children between 4th and 9th grade. These activities help children learn about nutrition and how they can improve it e.g. by managing school gardens to access a diverse source of nutrients or building a hand washing station to preventing diarrhoea. Over two cycles of engaging with the toolkit, children solve problems in their schools and communities related to nutrition.
Over the years, we have partnered with various organisations to roll-out the Nourishing Schools programme in over 200 schools across India.