Data Analysis and Impact Assessment for the Nourishing Schools Foundation
NOURISHING SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
Job Overview: The Nourishing Schools Foundation is on a mission to enable young changemakers to take charge of their own nutrition and profess the same knowledge within their communities. The data analysis internship is a deep dive into the process of data monitoring and analysis of data across all Indian geographies. It will equip you to understand the complexities and nuances of working with large data sets and would allow you to challenge on-ground data collection processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor and analyse data from impact assessment surveys of different regions under Nourishing Schools Foundation
- Recommend revisions to the overall programme roll-out to reach greater impact with reduced costs and increased accuracy.
- Data visualization and creating/co-authoring of academic and non-academic impact assessment reports.
Required skills/Personal skills:
- Strong execution capabilities
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and creativity
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from different backgrounds
- Self-motivation, ability to take ownership of programs and work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to social change and strong ethical fiber
Skills gained by the end of internship:
- Data analytical skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Time management
About NOURISHING SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
3131 GUYSBOROUGH DR, FAIRFAX, VA 22031, US
Nourishing Schools Foundation is on a mission to enable young changemakers to take charge of their own nutrition and profess the same knowledge within their communities.
The programme aims to develop young change makers aged between 9-14 years who can take charge of improving their own and their communities' nutrition. We provide toolkits to schools with games and activities for children between 4th and 9th grade. These activities help children learn about nutrition and how they can improve it e.g. by managing school gardens to access a diverse source of nutrients or building a hand washing station to preventing diarrhoea. Over two cycles of engaging with the toolkit, children solve problems in their schools and communities related to nutrition.
Over the years, we have partnered with various organisations to roll-out the Nourishing Schools programme in over 200 schools across India.