Virtual Administrative Support Volunteer
My Sister's House
My Sister’s House began in 2000 as a public campaign to establish the organization as Sacramento’s (in fact the Central Valley’s) first agency to address domestic violence in the Asian and Pacific Islander community. Our mission is to serve Asian and Pacific Islander and other underserved women and children impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking by providing a culturally appropriate and responsive safe haven, job training and community services.
Currently, we in order to adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines, we are looking for volunteers to support us virtually. Tasks may include:
- Researching and compiling new policies and legislations impacting our population we serve.
- Attending virtual events and submitting report on event attended
- Participating in online outreach events
- Gathering information on housing available to marginalized women and children
- Creating social media content; designing flyers
- Updating and organizing files; data entry
- Event planning
- And More!
About My Sister's House
3053 Freeport Blvd #120, Sacramento, CA 95818, US
The mission of My Sister's House is to serve Asian and Pacific Islander and other underserved women and children impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking by providing a culturally appropriate and responsive safe haven, job training, and community services.
My Sister's House is the Central Valley's only domestic violence shelter for battered Asian/Pacific Islander women and children. In addition to the shelter, My Sister's House provides a 24/7 Multi-Lingual Help Line ((916) 428-3271); a Women to Work Program to help domestic violence survivors of all ethnicities transition to work successfully; and outreach and education.