Corrections Advisory Council Board Member - Nonprofit Volunteer
because I said I would
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
SUBJECT LINE: Application: Corrections Advisory Council
Do you have experience or expertise in corrections? Because I said I would is seeking professional volunteers with a background in this area to be a part of our Corrections Advisory Council. This council is one of four Advisory Councils that support the work of because I said I would and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards, chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach.Role
As a Correction Advisory Council member, you will help because I said I would inform and improve correction and reentry programs through its charitable programs and the populations it serves.
This professional volunteer role is remote and you will attend scheduled meetings once a month for 6 months. One hour of offline work per month.
- Reviewing meetings agendas and materials provided via email prior to the meeting
- Actively participating in meetings and answering questions posed by the because I said I would team members
- Support the Board of Directors and give advice as needed
- Provide feedback regarding best approaches and methods in the field of corrections
- Interested candidates should have experience in forensic science, forensic psychology, criminology, psychology, sociology, law, and other related fields.
- Volunteers will receive because I said I would merchandise, including a t-shirt, bracelet, 10 promise cards, and a copy of our book, because I said I would by Alex Sheen.
- Volunteers will also receive a certificate at the end of their volunteer period to acknowledge their service.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you a great fit for the position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information, visit https://becauseisaidiwould.org
About because I said I would
20525 Center Ridge Rd, Suite 500, Rocky River, OH 44116, US
Because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity. Our mission is to strengthen humanity’s will. Because I said I would encourages and supports making and keeping promises to end suffering, establish peace and build happiness. We created the Promise Card to help hold people accountable to their commitments, but the movement has grown into something far greater than just its origin. Our programs help the world get better one person at a time.
Promise cards help you remember the importance of your commitments and goals. We have sent over 8.42 million promise cards to over 153 different countries, by request only.
Because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit organization dedicated to bettering humanity through promises made and kept. People use promise cards to remember the importance of their word, for promises both big and small. It might just seem like a piece of paper, but promise cards have motivated people to stick with their commitments to better humanity. A heroin addict’s promise to stay in rehab. A young girl’s promise to stop cutting herself. Or a simple promise to volunteer at the local food bank.