MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Although this volunteer opportunity does not solely address the impacts of COVID-19, it does provide an insight to the immediate need to bring awareness, direct support services, education and training, as well as reducing mental health stigma in and around communities for individuals and families.
The mission of Mental Health and Recovery Counseling Education and Training (MHRCET) is to provide access to quality mental health and recovery services in a comprehensive and culturally respectful manner to individuals and families. MHRCET is dedicated to improving the quality of every individual by focusing on the primary goals and objectives:
- Improving population health
- Enhancing mental health awareness
- Addressing and reducing mental health stigma
- Improving the patient experience
- Becoming a leader in the mental health industry
We are currently seeking a volunteer Fundraising Manager to assist with program development and financial oversite in all areas of the organization. If you have fundraising knowledge this may be the volunteer opportunity for you. Qualities include being energetic, professional, friendly and well spoken.
If you are mission driven, kind, helpful, compassionate, and genuinely care about the well-being of others we need a person like you to join our team.
- Fundraising experience
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal RFP requirements (preferred)
- Building and maintaining a database of donors
- Corporate or local sponsorship experience (nice to have)
- Understand and knowledge of donor relations software
- Confident utilizing office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Tech savvy (must be comfortable and familiar with using a computer, laptop, etc.)
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Ensures fundraising efforts meet the organizations goals
- Responds to emails in a professional manner
- Updating donor relations management system
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally while representing the organization
- Organized and proficient with taking notes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising, sponsorship, grant, or proposal processes
- Excellent writing and formatting skills
- Organized with time management skills
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Works well independently or in a team setting
- Can effectively handle last minute changes and able to shift gears comfortably
MHRCET strives to deliver services and support necessary to improve the quality of life for children, youth, and adults with mental illness and addictive disorders.
Applicants must have voice and video capabilities in order to conduct and follow-up with interviews.
NOTICE: Skillset, attendance, availability, and work ethics are primary placement factors at the discretion of the organization.
About MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
P.O. Box 352, COPPEROPOLIS, CA 95228, US
The mission of MHRCET is to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive unified system to enhance mental health awareness, promote individual empowerment, and increase access to treatment and services for persons living with mental illness.
MHRCET is comprised of caring, dedicated, and mission driven individuals working toward the common goal of helping those with mental and behavioral health issues. Our primary objectives are providing quality mental health services, educating the general public, engaging those in need of support, and advocating for those who are unable to advocate for themselves.