The Restoring Family Links program serves clients who have been separated from family members internationally due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. This is a casework-based position working with clients in Michigan. Casework can include delivery of Red Cross messages, responding to tracing inquiries, providing information and referral services, and community outreach.
This position is virtual during Covid-19 and will be face-to-face when safe to do so again.
Client interaction within casework duties, to include but not limited to the following: conducting home visits and searches within communities to locate separated family members, conduct interviews with clients to obtain information and initiate new cases, delivery of difficult news, and responsively following up with clients on open cases.
Working with clients to fill out necessary paperwork, while building rapport, communicating effectively, and displaying empathy.
Research and data management by maintaining case files for all RFL cases through the RFL databases.
Provide information and referral services to RFL clients.
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody Red Cross fundamental principles including impartiality and neutrality
- Excellent communication skills
- Completion of Restoring Family Links training requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database, coupled with excellent research skills, internet navigation and use of social media tools
- Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross International network
- Arabic language speaking skills a plus
- Orientation to the American Red Cross and International Services
- Restoring Family Links training modules in EDGE Learning Management System (required)
- Restoring Family Links classroom course (required)
- On-the-job training and shadowing of an experienced RFL caseworker (highly recommended)
7800 Outer Drive West, Suite 205, Detroit, MI 48235, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Advocacy & Human Rights
Immigrants & Refugees
We'll work with your schedule.
735 S Garfield Ave #B100Traverse City, MI49686
February 10, 2021
Safety & Disaster Education
Verbal / Written Communication
Orientation or Training
Variable based on current caseload. Work time is flexible and can be done remotely.