9 people are interested
Graphic Design Manager
ORGANIZATION: The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
Our Graphic Design Manager will lead our graphic design team in collaboration with several departments in the preparation of marketing campaigns and content that can be published on a daily basis via our organization's internal communication, external communication, and marketing campaigns on social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Medium.
Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in connection with other members of our organization.
A background in Environmental or Social Justice is important, whether from industry experience or classwork. Engineering interests are a plus but not required.
- Supervise and lead the graphic designing team.
- Participate in designing and redesigning computer graphics, web page graphics, logos, illustrations, advertisements, brochures and many other forms of visual communication.
- Analyze and plan the framework of design according to the laid-out concept and established specifications of the project.
- Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the policies and standards of the company.
- Delegate job responsibilities among junior team members and oversee that quality work is being completed within the deadline.
- Complete the project work within the timeline and estimated budget.
- Oversee that new techniques and processes are used to provide best quality of designs.
- Train and mentor junior designers and entry-level entrants
- Be aware of the latest techniques and procedures used in designs.
- Suggest new ways of improving the quality of designs and other project issues.
- Assist the team members to choose the right style, attractive graphics, images, and other visual elements to adept them according to the objectives of the project.
- Leverage creative and marketing knowledge to develop new creative campaigns for specific targets.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising or similar field.
- More than five years of experience in graphic designing
- Excellent creative and innovative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extremely convincing with good presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Client interfacing ability with confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with client, partner and internal team at different levels in the organization
- Knowledge of interactive design including best practices in technology, usability and user experience.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Strong delegation power
- Excellent salesmanship skills
- Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- Experience developing digital and print content. Experience with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram, as well as blogging.
- Adobe Design Suite (above average)
- Adobe Illustrator (expert)
- Adobe Photoshop (expert)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (average)
· One (1) year commitment
· At least ten (10) hours per week
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
3104 E Camelback Rd, 409, Phoenix, AZ 85016, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 24, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Reading / Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- At least 10-15 hours per week.
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Interpersonal skills.