Fundraising Committee Member for Youth Organization
Project: VISION is a grassroots nonprofit serving youth ages 12-18, who are primarily from lower-income, first-generation immigrant families, in Chicago's Chinatown, Bridgeport, and surrounding communities. We serve 250+ students each school year through tutoring, mentoring, college and career readiness, service learning, and leadership training programs. Our matriculation rate into college is 100%!
We want to help more underprivileged youth and that’s where YOU come in.
If you are a dynamic, energetic, dedicated professional that wants to make a positive impact on the lives of some amazing young people, then Project: VISION is your destination. We are seeking volunteers to serve on the Project: VISION fundraising committee. In this role, you will:
- Serve as a participating, working, and voting member of the Project: VISION Fundraising Committee
- Participate in hour-long, monthly committee meetings and ad hoc, project-based meetings as needed
- Utilize your current professional network to identify, create, and nurture relationships with the goal of securing support in the areas of financial contributions, volunteerism, and building awareness
- Grow your current professional network by attending events and activities as a member of the Project: VISION Fundraising Strategy Committee, an ambassador, and a spokesperson
- Volunteer at virtual and live Project: VISION fundraising events
Useful experience includes fundraising, event planning, project management, teamwork, collaboration, presentation, networking, and marketing. Time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours per month.
Do you want to be a part of an amazing, dedicated, hard-working team? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Project: VISION
236 W. 22nd Place, Unit 1, Chicago, IL 60616, US
Our mission is to provide youth (ages 12-18) of Chicago's Chinatown and Bridgeport community with tools for personal, educational, and civic development.
Project: VISION offers free after school programs including tutoring, college and career readiness, service, and leadership activities to youth in grades 6-12.