Front Desk Volunteer
HOUSE OF MERCY INC
We are in need of front desk volunteers from 5pm-10pm.
Right now, there are only 13 people in the shelter who have had COVID or have tested negative. Some shelter residents and staff have received the first or second dose of the vaccine. Staff, guests, and volunteers are being tested for COVID weekly.
Front desk volunteers answer phone calls, receive donations, and distribute hygiene items to guests. The front desk is the first face at House of Mercy and qualified volunteers must be compassionate and able to work in a diverse setting.
Could you commit to one-two night a week? If so please contact Ellen, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-546-2580 x112
About HOUSE OF MERCY INC
285 ORMOND ST, ROCHESTER, NY 14605, US
The House of Mercy and our founder, Sister Grace Miller, are dedicated to serving and advocating for Rochester, NY’s homeless citizens. Food, shelter, clothing, advocacy -- operating 24/7, the House of Mercy never closes its doors on people in need. We strive to be a beacon of hope for the poorest of the poor, and we never give up on the thousands of people we serve each month.
EACH MONTH, THE HOUSE OF MERCY PROVIDES:
- Safe overnight shelter for 570+ of Rochester’s homeless citizens.
- 4000+ families with food.
- 2,000 cooked meals.
- Groceries for 350+ families from our food pantry
- 1000s of goods like donated clothing, furniture, appliances, bedding, and personal care items.
- Advocacy services and referrals to help people get health care, mental health services, substance abuse treatment, veterans benefits, social security and SSI.
- Life skills classes and support groups.
400+ rides to medical appointments, job interviews and more.
- 12-16 instances of burial assistance for dignified funerals for the poor.
- Voluntary personal counseling and spiritual services on request.