Blood Donor Ambassador
American Red Cross - Virginia Region
Are you a friendly, well-organized and enthusiastic person who can represent the Red Cross to our blood donors?
Volunteer blood donor ambassadors ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience, from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. During a blood drive, whether you're greeting donors, answering questions or thanking them for their donation, your courtesy and professionalism will create a favorable impression that encourages donor support.
You'll need to meet these important qualifications:
- Communicate in a professional manner with diverse populations
- Read, write, hear and speak English in a legible and understandable manner
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and comfort working with people
- Follow COVID-19 protocols and mitigation measures
- Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system
- Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
- Exhibit five key courtesies; respect, communication, compassion, collaboration, competence
About American Red Cross - Virginia Region
352 Church Avenue SW, Roanoke, VA 24016, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.