Board of Directors
McHenry County Historical Society and Museum
UNION - The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. A commitment to our mission - to engage and educate current and future generations by preserving and sharing McHenry County history - is key.
Serving on the board or volunteering for a committees should be a good fit if you have ...
- a passion for history in your life (travels, reading, interests)
- your own collection(s)
- experience serving on other boards
- attended activities and events sponsored by the Society
- volunteered at the Society
- taught school, given a presentation, or otherwise conveyed information to a group
- participated in any advocacy project (social, government, political, religious)
- contributed financially, other than your membership, to the Society in the past
- ideas, talents, expertise you wish to share in order to convey history and enrich lives
- have two to six hours a month to devote to board activities
Everyone brings their own valuable skill set to the table, however MCHS is especially looking for folks with a background in finance or the building trades - as well as a dedicated public servant from the county’s growing Latinx community. If you would like to learn more or know of an individual you believe would embrace this important role, contact Governance Committee Chairwoman Molly Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. New three-year terms begin July 1. The museum is located at 6422 Main St. in Union.
About McHenry County Historical Society and Museum
6432 MAIN ST, UNION, IL 60180, US
We engage and educate current and future generations by preserving and sharing McHenry County history.
Established in 1963, our members, staff and volunteers have an almost fifty-year track record rich in preservation, education, and entertainment contributions to McHenry County.
We create learning experiences and events. We focus on local culture, organizational and family history. We collect and care for notable artifacts. We participate in the activities of like-minded organizations, throughout McHenry County.
Besides operating the museum, the Society plaques historic sites and structures, holds adult workshops and classes, makes available traveling exhibits and arranges a wide variety of school and other group programs.