9 people are interested
Cat Veterinary Services Coordinator
9 people are interested
We are The Dancing Cat, an established 501(c)(3) non-profit cat rescue organization with a brick and mortar cat adoption lounge in San Jose, and a network of experienced foster homes throughout Silicon Valley. We are committed to providing high-quality health care for the cats in our rescue. Part of our mission is to rescue cats with medical issues from the San Jose Animal Care Center and to rehabilitate them prior to adopting them into their future homes. To help us achieve that goal, we have forged excellent relationships with several veterinarians in the South Bay. We are seeking a volunteer to coordinate the veterinary care for the cats in our organization.
Continue to build and maintain relationships with local veterinary practices.
Make appointments for cats to be seen at veterinarians as needed.
- Be the single point of contact between the vet clinics and The Dancing Cat.
- Provide medical records to vets prior to appointments.
- Discuss diagnostics and treatments with vets
- Determine if the cat needs to move based on vet visit outcome; to more experienced foster, out of community room if contagious...
- Communicate outcome, medications and next steps with Foster Coordinators and fosters
- Monitor medications and cat health during recovery via communications with Foster Coordinators and fosters
- Listen to the fosters’ medical concerns and to give advice and guidance.
Proactively monitor the health of the cats in our rescue by communicating directly with fosters and foster coordinators.
Track medications given to cats; re-order as needed.
Upload all medical records and document health information in our cat tracking software; coordinate with other team members to ensure records are up to date.
Work with SJACC medical and intake team to review cat health issues prior to intake to determine if the cat is a candidate for TDC rescue.
Track General Preventative Care (vaccines, dewormers, flea treatments, etc) and communicate needs to Foster Coordinators and fosters.
Provide overview of cat health to team members during weekly team conference call.
Knowledge of feline health and wellness issues.
Strong record-keeping skills, attention to details, ability to work independently.
Ability to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service to the team.
Reliable access to email and phone; be able to respond quickly during working hours; sometimes nights and weekends may be needed.
To apply for this position, please fill out the volunteer application here: https://www.thedancingcat.org/volunteer-signup
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Dancing Cat
702 E Julian, San Jose, CA 95112, US
Mission The Dancing Cat is a 501(c)(3) non-profit cat rescue organization dedicated to finding creative ways to connect homeless cats to wonderful forever homes. We are also committed to providing a community space where cat lovers can meet, mingle, and connect. Through our work, we aim to grow support for cats in our community. Vision The Dancing Cat is a place where cats roam in a comfortable, safe environment. A place where people interact with the resident cats and each other. For those looking to adopt, it provides an opportunity to meet the resident cats and see the cats’ personalities in an environment outside a shelter, where they may be scared and not ready to engage with people. Other visitors, who might not be able to adopt due to allergies or living situations, might simply want to enjoy feline company in a relaxed space.
The Dancing Cat is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue organization dedicated to saving local at-risk cats from the San Jose Animal Care Center.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 31, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours/week, occasional weekend work
- Knowledge of feline health and wellness issues. Strong record-keeping skills, attention to details, ability to work independently. Ability to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service to the team. Reliable access to email & pho