AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work with the possibility for compensation as we grow. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for volunteer Grant Writers to play a primary role in the development of proposals seeking funds to develop continuing professional development, dance programs, and support the infrastructure of the organization. Grant writers are researching and writing grants to support the next phase of Amalgamate’s evolution. This position reports directly to the Artistic Director or Director of Development and will collaborate closely with Amalgamate’s Relationships Committee.
If you can commit enough hours per week working remotely to complete one grant application per month, we'd like to hear from you.
Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2004 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule and equipment.
Please send us a resume and a customized cover letter that shows that you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is currently a volunteer position.
- Oversee and maintain our simple grant-management system, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Coordinate, manage, and see to completion grant applications and reports.
- Write and edit drafts of grants.
- Engage in research and following up with potential new funding streams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with writing grants and/or managing development efforts a plus.
- Highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Self-initiated management and an entrepreneurial work style.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of being a grant writer.
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
- Be part of an authentic enterprise and our 2020 relaunch.
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you.
- Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field