Production/Company Management Intern
AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
- Amalgamate is seeking two Production/Company Management interns to join the team for the development and production of its upcoming mainstage performance and relaunch event in fall 2020. Working closely with the artist director and company members, interns will work hands-on with all aspects of production and show development, including company management, research, and special projects. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain professional experience, wisdom, and learn the ropes of a NYC-based established contemporary dance company. Approximate dates for the fall season are Sept 1-Dec1.
Who We Are
- Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2005 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
- Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
- ADC offers the following internships on a seasonal and/or yearly basis:
Spring: Jan 15-June 1, Summer: June 1-Sept 1, Fall: Sept 1-Dec 1
Why intern and is it for you?
- You will gain professional experience and build your resume in the dance field in New York City
- You will learn a variety of skills on the job (Administration, Technical Theater, Booking & Scheduling) and be a valuable part of the creative and administrative team.
- You will have opportunities to network with the NYC artistic community.
- You will have opportunities to take classes/workshops, attend performances, and possibly perform.
- You will be providing a valuable form of service, moving Amalgamate forward at a critical point in its growth.
- You will be mentored and encouraged to ask questions, give input, and receive feedback.
- You are in NYC! You will learn about the city and all it offers.
Responsibilities and Planning Ahead
- Aid in the development and production of Amalgamate’s upcoming mainstage performance and relaunch event in fall 2020.
- Work closely with the artistic director and company members.
- Work hands-on with all aspects of production and show development, including company management, research, and special projects.
- You are responsible for your room and board, meals, etc. This internship offers no pay. If you have questions about the city, someone on our staff is happy to help!
- **Interns must be 18 years of age to apply**
- Candidates should possess superior organizational, time-management skills, and be confident in managing their own projects from start to finish.
- We are looking for candidates with skills relevant to their internship of choice and/or a strong passion to learn these skills.
- Interns must be available for the full length of a season/semester and be available to work for a minimum of 5 hours a week, or up to 20 hours per week if you want to receive college credit.
- Passion for dance and Amalgamate is a must!
- Please send us a resume and a customized cover letter that shows that you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is currently a volunteer position.
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field