AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work with the possibility for compensation as we grow. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for a volunteer Website Designer to overhaul our website www.amalgamatedance.com. You will work closely with senior leadership to redesign the website (with a look very similar to Alvin Ailey Dance Company’s look), toward a coherent, holistic plan for long-term branding growth.
If you can commit a minimum of 5 or more hours a week working remotely on your own schedule with our team, we'd like to hear from you.
Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2005 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout NYC, we communicate mostly through email. All volunteers are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and want to work with a company which works to positively impact society, this is the role for you.
Please send us a digital portfolio and a customized cover letter that shows that you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position.
Amalgamate’s website designer is responsible for the development of amalgamatedance.com and integrations of other digital platforms. The position’s current focus lies in two key areas: bringing the site’s design and security up to date and in line with the current, new logo design; and updating content in partnership with the Marketing Director.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker and collaborative self-starter who brings hands-on comfort with the technical aspects of the job, strong communication skills, likes to work alone yet can connect with the marketing team as needed, and the ability to plan the most effective path forward through complex projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recreate the website on any free platform (Wordpress preferred but not necessary--this is negotiable)
- Work closely with the Brand Manager to update the site and keep Amalgamate’s "voice" authentic
- Collaborate with colleagues on updates, new functionality, and other digital projects.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience on the website hosting platform of choice
- Expert knowledge of the website hosting platform of choice
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface between technical and non-technical staff; flexible team player
- Ability to set, meet, and enforce realistic deadlines and maintain focus on multiple concurrent projects
- Deepen your level of expertise in website design and collaboration
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
- Be part of an authentic enterprise and our 2020 relaunch
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you
- Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field