Head of Brand Marketing
AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work with the possibility for compensation as we grow. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for a volunteer Head of Brand Marketing to oversee and manage all marketing aspects for the Amalgamate brand.
If you can commit a minimum of 10 or more hours a week working remotely on your own schedule with our team, we'd like to hear from you.
Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2005 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout NYC, we communicate mostly through email. All volunteers are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and want to work with a company which works to positively impact society, this is the role for you.
Please send us a resume detailing your experi ence in managing a brand marketing team as well as your portfolio or equivalent, and tell us why you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position.
- Oversee and manage our 3-5 marketing and 6 social media team volunteers.
- Work closely with the head of Development.
- Recruit for additional volunteers as needed.
- Consistently check in with our social media and marketing volunteer teams.
- Oversee all marketing outputs, including website promotional material, graphics, photography, etc.
- Brainstorm and execute marketing projects to completion and promote outreach to broad audiences through
planning, metrics, market research, and analysis, all in a grassroots yet professional manner.
- Build relationships with other organizations, communities, and individuals.
- Conduct research to discover new marketing techniques and potential new platforms for outreach.
- Help to continue the organization's growing presence online to align with Amalgamate’s voice.
- Coordinate with senior leadership to create and improve internal processes and communications.
- Oversee and manage our channel content calendar as well as our globally owned social media channels.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading and managing a brand marketing team.
- Proven experience and success in building brand through an array of platforms/strategies both offline and online.
- Resourceful and proactive, with strong organizational/project management skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Analytical, with the ability to provide strategic recommendations based on data.
- Expert understanding of major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, and Vimeo.
- Active participation in a wide variety of social media activities such as community development, management and content creation.
- A solid grasp of and deep commitment to our mission.
- A leader with the ability to delegate tasks and manage and motivate others.
- A deeply empathic, authentic, collaborative approach to being a leader/leadership.
- The skill and patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects, and processes without impeding creativity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment with team members at all levels.
- High proficiency in Google Drive suite.
- Experience with (mostly) free social media publishing, analytic and listening tools.
- Experience with paid social a plus.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of, or deepen your experience in, being the Head of Brand Marketing.
- Increase your experience working in a streamlined marketing environment.
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
- Be part of an authentic enterprise and our 2020/2021 relaunch.
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you.
- Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field