8 people are interested
Spend your Thursday mornings at the farmers' market!
8 people are interested
Are you looking to give back to your community, help fight for food justice, volunteer your time outdoors, or make a difference during the COVID-19 pandemic?
If you answered "yes" to any or all of the above, volunteering with the CalFresh at Farmers' Markets program at the Florin Road Farmers' Market is the right opportunity for you!
Alchemist Community Development Corporation facilitates and staffs the CalFresh EBT Processing booth at this bustling year-round market. We're looking for dedicated volunteers who want to spend a few hours on Thursday mornings helping EBT customers use their food benefits (formerly "food stamps") to shop at the farmers' market.
Duties for the Farmers’ Market CalFresh/EBT Booth Volunteers include processing EBT and P-EBT transactions, distributing scrip, collecting scrip from the vendors (farmers), and answering general questions about the CalFresh at Farmers' Market program. Volunteers will receive a 1-hour hands-on training.
- Our farm-to-fork California capital is incredibly diverse, and so is our CalFresh client base. Alchemist CDC specifically seeks bilingual volunteers to help communicate with all customers and vendors.
- For everyone's continued safety, volunteers and staff are required to wear a well-fitted face mask that completely covers your nose and mouth while at the market until otherwise determined by Alchemist CDC.
- Only available 1 or 2 Thursdays a month, but still interested? We would love to have you!
Be a part of the Farm to EVERY Fork movement and help provide food access for all of South Sacramento!
About Alchemist Community Development Corporation
4625 44th St, Suite 33, Sacramento, CA 95820, US
Connecting communities to land, food, and opportunity.
Vision: all neighborhoods are vibrant, equitable, healthy and diverse.
- Vibrant: Neighborhoods are full of creative residents with the best ideas for improving their communities - we are here to help develop and educate residents as a way to strengthen communities
- Equitable: Social justice in community development means that all residents should contribute to and benefit from economic and physical development in their neighborhoods
- Healthy: A healthy community is one that improves the quality of life and over-all well-being of those that live, work and play there
- Diverse: Community health is strengthened by having residents of diverse ethnicity, economic level, cultural background, age and interest
5901 Florin RoadSacramento, CA 95823
October 6, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Thursdays from 8am-12:30pm or 10am-12:30pm. We ask volunteers to commit to three shifts within the first three months after training.
- Fluency in English required. Bilingual volunteers welcome! Ability to communicate with customers, vendors, and staff in a clear and respectable manner. Must be prepared to volunteer outdoors.