National History Day Judge
Kentucky Historical Society
WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME AN NHDKY JUDGE?
- You have an appreciation for history and want to learn more!
- You want to encourage students to continue learning about history and grow as critical and creative thinkers.
- Teachers can earn up to three hours of Professional Development Credit from the Kentucky Historical Society!
- Give valuable feedback to students!
- Provide a positive experience for students, teachers and parents.
- Network with other professionals, historians, museum staff and teachers.
- Meet students who are excited to share what they have learned.
- Learn about a variety of topics through student-created documentaries, websites, performances, exhibits and papers.
- Make an impact on a young historian's life!
All exhibits will be given a week in advance for Judging.
March 13 (University of Louisville)
March 27 (Murray State University, Paducah Campus)
March 27 (Morehead State University)
No experience is needed. KHS will provide a brief orientation.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Kentucky Historical Society
100 W Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601, US
Our Mission We educate and engage the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future.
Our mission is served through:
- Museum collections, housing more than 120,000 artifacts
- Oral History collection, containing 8,000 oral history interviews
- Libraries and Special Collections housing more than 90,000 published works, 16,000 reels of microfilm, 200,000 historic photographs, 1,900 cubic feet of manuscripts and 2,000 maps.
Our History Campus
The KHS history campus includes the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, the Old State Capitol and the Kentucky Military History Museum at the Old State Arsenal. The headquarters of KHS, the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, was completed in April 1999. This 167,000-square-foot, $29-million facility in downtown Frankfort has welcomed more than a million visitors and earned many awards for excellence.