Restoring Family Links Outreach Team Member
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
The purpose of this position is to expand Restoring Family Links service delivery to clients who have been separated from family members in other countries due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. Team members will be responsible for supporting and developing of the outreach strategy, expanding community awareness and resources, developing new contacts and volunteers and, effectively serving all clients and partners. Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross international network.
* Responsible for supporting the development of an outreach strategy.
* Expand community awareness and resources
* Develop new volunteer and community contacts
* Effectively serve all clients and partners.
* Work with Red Cross divisions to share knowledge, support relationship building, and verify existing partnerships.
* Identify key agencies, religious groups, schools, community groups, non-profits, media contacts, and form sustainable partnerships to promote and benefit our services and widen our scope of referrals and resources.
* Familiarity with the Restoring Family Links program and International Services, how these services fit with American Red Cross Domestic programs and why it is important to your audience.
* Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families.
* Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody the Red Cross fundamental principals including impartiality and neutrality.
* Excellent communication skills
* Interest or experience in public speaking, presentation or training
* Proficiency with Microsoft products, familiarity with social media tools and resources
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.