Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Ensure military families' needs are met when faced with an emergency.
Support the Red Cross mission
* Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
* Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
* Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
* Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
* Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
* Successful American Red Cross background check
* Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
* Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
* Ability to work with or without supervision
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
* Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
* Able to work with culturally diverse populations
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.