SEO/Paid Search Specialist
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit organization based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is currently looking for an experienced SEO/Paid Search Specialist. The expected time commitment is 5-10 hours per week.
The SEO/Paid Search Specialist will work with the Chief Marketing Officer to strengthen Rainforest Partnership’s online presence and brand reputation.
The ideal candidate will share in Rainforest Partnership’s core values, which include:
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action-oriented.
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Optimize old and new copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Manage, optimize, and organize PPC campaigns for clients, primarily in Google AdWords
- Strategize, develop, and maintain search engine marketing campaigns
Qualifications candidates must have:
- 1-3 years of experience with Search Engine Optimization and/or Google AdWords; Analytics or AdWords certifications are a plus
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Resourcefulness and creativity
- A positive attitude and humility
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.