What is a Blood Donor Ambassador (aka Blood Drive volunteer)? Help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Blood drives are held throughout Orange County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource.
*Volunteers will have access to an online calendar and can schedule themselves for the shifts and locations of choice.
* Greet blood donors and help donors check-in using our tablets or laptops
* Engage and socialize with blood donors to inspire future blood donations
* Help answer FAQ about blood donations
* Manage donor flow at temperature taking the station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
* Explain the purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand the reason for deferral if applicable. Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future do-nations if deferred.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
Able to commit to 6 months - 1 year
Two 4 and 6 hour shifts per month
Weekday availability. No weekend shifts.
Blood drive Locations available in all Orange County cities
Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
Volunteer time shifts are broken down into THESE 4 hour and 6 hour time frames: