Films for the Forest Coordinator
See our website for more information about what we do within Rainforest Partnership: www.filmsfortheforest.org
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Films for the Forest is an annual international short film competition created by Rainforest Partnership.
We are looking for Films for the Forest (F3) volunteers who are interested in contributing their skills, expertise and passion to the wonderful cause of protecting rainforests and adding to the growth of an international organization.
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Working as a team member with someone in the same role with 1 year of experience
- Developing competition theme and categories, establishing filmmaker selection criteria and picking judges for the event
- Film maker outreach: Reaching out to potential filmmakers (film schools, film forums, RP social media etc) across the world and promote the F3 competition
- Coordinating with and selection of participant entries based on the selection criteria
- Coordinating with the judges for final shortlisting of the films
- Managing and coordinating with other volunteers working on F3
- Designing the flow of the winning films which are going to be screened and get the CDs ready in the desired format
- Managing the F3 website
- Working with the Chief Strategy Officer to get sponsors/partners with the goal of generating operating revenue for RP’s on the ground work
- Arranging a meaningful reception to accompany our SXSW Community Screening
- Uploading winning films on Vimeo, F3 website and Youtube Channel
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.