AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for intern, part-time, flexible work with the possibility for compensation as we grow. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for a Finance Assistant intern to support and maintain our financial health.
If you can commit a minimum of 5 or more hours a week working remotely on your own schedule with our team, we'd like to hear from you.Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2005 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout NYC, we communicate mostly through email. All interns are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and want to work with a company which works to positively impact society, this is the role for you.
Please send us a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in this channel, and tell us why you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is an intern position.
* Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
* Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
* Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
* Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
* Organizational and time-management skills
* Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
* Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
* Prepare surplus (deficit) statement
* Track and reconcile bank statements
* Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
* Process tax payments
* Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
* Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
* Provide administrative support during budget preparation
* Increase your experience working in Finance.
* Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
* Be part of an authentic enterprise
* Work from home on a schedule that suits you
* Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field