Youth Development Specialist (AMERICORPS) Part Time
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
Site Name & Location
Paterson Education Fund
451 Van Houten Street
Paterson, NJ 07501
Title: Youth Development Specialist
- Supervise, plan, and implement activities that will accomplish all of 21st CCLC program goals and objectives
- Develop focused, creative, and interactive academic and enrichment programs to be delivered during the out-of-school time
- Participate in the 21st CCLC Advisory Committee (school admin, teachers, parents, community members, and other collaborators) on a regular basis
- In collaboration with the Advisory Committee, identify the needs of the school and develop a plan to meet needs
- Represent PPS at school based or community based meetings
- Assist with the planning and implementation of family night, parental involvement activities, community celebrations, and student showcases
- Ensure the collection of quality data including daily attendance, grades, and satisfaction surveys, needs assessments, etc. and work with the Data Entry Clerk on an ongoing basis
- Participate in agency-wide evaluation efforts
- Using evaluation data, develop program improvement plan
- Develop methods to identify, track and respond to individual student needs
- Follow the established clear behavior expectations for program participants and ensure that they are fully established throughout the program
- Attend monthly staff and team meetings and individual supervision
- Accept other duties as assigned
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
* Half-Time Members commit to serve 900 hours (approximately 20-25 hours per week).
Position Type Available: Half-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 900
Total Stipend Amount: $7,566.00
Educational Award: $3,097.50
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
About St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
456 Van Houten Street, Paterson, NJ 07501, US
The mission of St. Paul's Community Development Corporation is to serve as an agent of hope, partnering with others to provide needs driven services that improve the quality of life and encourage greater self-sufficiency.
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) is a secular, not-for-profit organization, guided by a diverse and voluntary board of directors that bridges racial, economic, geographic, and religious boundaries.
Our purpose is to alleviate the conditions of hunger, homelessness, unemployment, under-employment, poverty and illiteracy in the City of Paterson. We do this by providing emergency services to all in need and by designing long-term approaches to achieving social and economic improvement at the grassroots level.